(Enjoy the MOOC or the puppy gets it)
The content for my MOOC, no, I mean, open course, on Open Education is now all available in the OpenLearn environment. It doesn't officially start until March 16th, but I'm adopting a more flexible approach than many MOOCs so you can work through it in your own pace (and it'll stay up afterwards).
Some points to note:
- You don't have to enrol to view the material, only if you want to contribute to forums and also to get course emails
- Use forums instead of comments, there is one per week
- When you enrol, nothing magic happens.
- The OpenLearn platform has recently had a major architectural overhaul which does something fancy with Moodle and Drupal. But, erm, this means pages are loading slowly at the moment. Be patient and smile.
- You don't have to do every activity every week, it's a pick n mix model
- It's a bit experimental, so don't view it as a precursor for shiny things from FutureLearn
- Be nice to each other and especially to me